Special Visit

Yesterday we had a special visit from Julie and Bridget. They live in a mining town called Newman, Western  Australia. Julie works as a health professional for 4 Aboriginal communities. It was a fantastic visit and we really enjoyed and appreciated them giving up their time. We also enjoyed the Aboriginal artifacts and pictures that they brought in.

19 thoughts on “Special Visit

1. Yesterday we had some people that are from Newman. We learned lots about Aboriginal’s and what they eat. We now know that they eat BUSH TUKER, honey ants, grubs and other crazy things. Julie and Briget came to talk and they are really nice. Briget works at a mining place that sounds really cool. Julie told us that she walked in and 29 dog and how crazy is that? We saw a message stick and a rain maker and a (digerido) and we saw all types of pictures. The dirt was not brown like we do they have red dirt. The school starts at 8AM and finish at 2 something pm. We now know a lot about aborigiginals thanks to Bridget and Julie.
    Thanks Julie and Bridget.

2. Yesterday I lernt about abariginal colture.Julie and Briget showed us what they eat.They eat kangaroo,honey ants and goana.Most of them have lots of dogs.I really liked the message stick and the digaridoo.Any tribe with a message stick basicly have a v.i.p pass.If a abarigeinal is badly hurt in the night they go in a plane to help them.

3. Yesterday we had some people came in there names were Julie and Bridget they are from Newman Weston Australia. They talked about Aboriginals. Julie works in four different places!WOW! That is a lot of places to work.
    Bridget works in the mine. They talked about all the weapons that Aboriginals use like spears. They also talked about the foods that they eat like honey ants, goannas, snakes and more! YUCK! They also brought in some didgeridoos and other things like, a message stick it was light at one side and a bit heavier the other side that was interesting they also brought a rain maker which is supposed to make rain but I don’t think it does! They do have school there but it just starts at different times than us there school starts at 8:00 and finishes at 2:30. Aboriginals do a lot of different things to us and it’s very interesting.
    Thanks Julie and Bridget!

4. Yesterday too peaple from Newman came. There names were bridget & julie. They came too talk about Aboriginals they talked about how they worked & lots of athour things one lady had 29 dogs there was lots of red dirt. they went hunted with spears they ate lots of weird food.

5. Yesterday two special guests called Bridget and Julie came to 3/4 F. They came all the way from Newman, WA. It was about 1 day to come all the way to Victoria. Bridget is a nurse. Newman is a part of the Aboriginal colture. Over at Newman they don’t have grass they have red dust. One woman had 29 dogs. Aboriginal’s hunt with spears,boomarangs and Nula Nalas. In Newman thay start school at 8am and finish school at 2:30.

6. Yesterday we had special visit from Newman Julie and Bridget Maggie’s Aunty and cousin. They thought us about Aboriginal, Spears, a Messages stick, A rain maker, And food, A boomerang and lots of stuff. Julie is a nurse In a aboriginal company It was so hot over there that the ground was red and is was also dusty. When they start school it’s 8:00 in the morning so they can have a big foot ball game in the morning I think it would be really fun. julie gets to fly every 2 to 3 days maybe. I found out boys become men at the age of 12. Girls usually collect and men hunt. but sometimes girls hunt it Julie works in 4 community’s I think I am not so sure. About that it takes along time to go to the community’s about 5 to 6 hours I am pretty sure.

7. Yesterday Julie and Bridget came to visit. They talked about aboriginal people. They told us about heaps and heaps of weapons. When they saw something they chased and chased it. I really enjoyed it.

8. Yesterday we had a special visit they came from Nawman. Aunty Julle and bridget and they bring 2 didderedoos, a rain maker and a, message stik. Aunty Julle and Birdget taked about the Aboriginal’s aet witchetty grus. Aunty Julle is a nurse and she helps the Aboriginals. Aunty Julle said that so nocked on a door and all of the dogs came runing out at her and she run to, the car and she open the car door and jumped in the car and then she shut the car door and Aunty Julle said that she was scad

from maggie

9. Yesterday bridget and Julie came and trot as abuot Aboriginals Julie and bridget got here aripalan.A women had 29 dogs.There School start at 8am-2.30pm.Julie is a nuerse.Thay live in newmen the aboriginals eat honey ants and witchetty grub.The wepons thay use is the nulla nulla and guns.

10. Yesterday we had a special visit from Julie and Bridget. Maggies cousin and Aunty. They taught us about aboriginal people over there were a whole community. It was really intresting they tought us about srpears, food, didderedoos, and boomerangs. ps a rain maker. The dert is red and it gets very hot. They hav a lots fo dogs. They hunt with boomerrangs. They eat huients and wichettygrub.

11. Yesterday Bridget and Julie came to our school talked about aboriginal colture I learn’t some food they eat and they flyed in a plane to get around the tribs there were 4 communites in Western Australia

12. Yesterday we had special visit from Newman Julie and Bridget Maggie’s Aunty and cousin. They thought us about Aboriginal, Spears, a Messages stick, A rain maker, And food, A boomerang and lots of stuff. Julie is a nurse In a aboriginal company It was so hot over there that the ground was red and is was also dusty. When they start school it’s 8:00 in the morning so they can have a big foot ball game in the morning I think it would be really fun. julie gets to fly every 2 to 3 days maybe. I found out boys become men at the age of 12. Girls usually collect and men hunt. but sometimes girls hunt it Julie works in 4 community’s I think I am not so sure

13. On Wenesday Julie and Bridget came to golden square to talk about aborigina thay live in Western Australia Julie is Maggie cousin.Bridget is maggie Auty.They have foulwheeldrive.

14. On wenesday bridget and julie came to golden squre to showe us mail plain and the specal
    docter plain. They lived Newman. They have fourweeldrive.

15. Yesterday julie and bridget came to our grade to talk about aboriginals.I really liked the rainmaker.the nulla nullas were really cool.boys become men when they are 12 the animals they talked about were honey ants, kangaroos, witcetty grub, goannas and bush turkeys

16. yesterday lernt about aboriginal colture. Juile and Briget came to are scool to lernt us abarinal colture. Julie and Bridet shwoed some photo of abariginal colture. aborinal like to eaos honey and kangaroo.most aboriginal have lots of dog but some aboriginal did have dog. aboginari child school start 8am-2.30pm.

17. on wensday we had 2 lady come ouw to class room they torct to us abote abarignles and there colcha. there names were julie and bridget. I learnt julie is a ners in a abarignle comunety,the kids start scoole at 8.00 and finesh at 2.30, the boys are a adolt when they tern 12, the ladys and men hunt but diffret things, they eat witchedigrus,bush tercy,kangroo and gecooe and they ride in forwildrie. julie and Bridget brought a messige sike, 2 digridoos and a rain maker. by lily